- 1.1. MIGS Limited, referred to below as MIGS, is a company incorporated in Malta under company registration number C65902. Its current registered address is at Level 1, Tower Business Centre, Tower Street, Swatar, Malta.
- 1.4. Current policy published: February 17, 2015
3. Definition of Personal Information
- 3.1. Throughout this policy, the term “personal information” shall be construed as information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific user.
4. Location of Processing
- 4.1 We store and process your personal information on our servers located in Malta and elsewhere in the world where our facilities are located. We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, and information access authorization controls.
5. Commitment to Online Security
- 5.1 Your personal information is treated with the greatest of care. Sensitive payment information such as credit card details are NEVER stored on the Internet with our system. Confidential information including card details are encrypted using industry standard SSL 128-bit encryption technology.
- 5.2 Our payment gateway, APCO Limited, is also fully PCI DSS compliant.
6. Why we collect Your Personal Information
- 6.1The purpose for the collection and storage of personal information by MIGS is to:
- Enable you to purchase products and services through our site www.migs.com.mt
- Provide Customer Support;
- Process transactions;
- Send invoices;
- Send notices about transactions;
- To contact you when necessary;
- To customize your experience on our Site;
- To deliver newsletter and notifications regarding our events. Should you wish to opt out from receiving direct marketing please inform us .If you have already received a email from us promoting products and services, you may wish to unsubscribe from these emails by clicking the unsubscribe link provided within the email itself.
7. How Your Information May Be Shared
- 7.1. We never sell or rent your personal information without your consent. MIGS may release personal information under the following circumstances:
- Where release is required by law (for example, a subpoena) or regulation or is requested by a government agency;
- Where our records indicate a company or an individual may be engaged in fraudulent activity or other deceptive practices that a governmental agency should be made aware of;
- To appropriate persons, where your communication suggests possible harm to others.
- To payment gateways which will process payments made by you to MIGS.
- To our suppliers who need your personal details in order for you to be given full services that you are subscribing for (such as venue, restaurants etc.)
- With partners and employees who carry out work for and on behalf of MIGS.
- With other third parties with your consent or direction to do so;
8. Personal Information
- 8.1. MIGS requires a member to provide personal information in order to register for the event. Personal details collected and processed include Name and Surname, Designation, phone numbers, billing details and email address.
9. Your Rights and Responsibilities
- 9.1 It is your responsibility to ensure that the information held by us is up-to-date and accurate. You may make a reasonable request to know what data is being processed by us about you which we will endeavour to fulfil within statutory time-frames. Should the request for information be deemed to be excessive or including a disproportionate effort, MIGS maintains full discretion to choose not to provide any information to you.
- 9.2. If you wish to be removed from our database for any reason, simply send us an email requesting to be removed via our contact us page or by e-mail. In such a case MIGS will endeavour to delete any personal information held about you unless such information is required to be kept for a period of time in order to comply with other laws and regulations, to collect fees due to us, to assist with any investigations, to prevent fraud and to resolve disputes.
- 10.1 We use browser cookies, log files, flash cookies and clear gifs, to help understand how people interact with our website and services, in order to provide a better experience.
11. Updates to our information practices
Transfers to third countries
- From time to time MIGS may make use of technology which is distributed over a network worldwide. In such a case there could be the eventuality that MIGS transfers data and processes data to servers located outside the European Union, in which case we require your specific consent to such processing. By registering for our event and by using our website you consent to the transfer of data to third countries and to the processing of data on servers located outside the European Union.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact us by writing to us – email@example.com